Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Snow Day!

(Big hug to you, Dad.)

When we arrived yesterday it was snowing! I hear that roads were closed in upper Bonny Doon because of 3" of snow. We saw cars piled with snow coming down Bonny Doon road.

It's always nice to be home when it's snowing.

I tried to capture the falling snow but it didn't come through in the photo:



I have one photo from earlier in the week:



Now, on to the present.

Most of the film has been taken off the windows now. What a difference!
The wall of windows facing the ocean is wonderful, such an improvement from before. And I like the divided lites. They give the feeling of a slight separation and protection from the elements.

The glass has some kind of treatment that helps it shed water/dirt, so hopefully they'll need cleaning less often.



All the lighting is in now, but we don't have bulbs in every fixture yet. Finally I'll be able to see what I'm doing in the kitchen. In these photos we don't have the main kitchen ceiling lights on. They're really cool LED lights on dimmers. Very bright. There are 6 altogether in the kitchen.













Here's a "before" picture of the south ocean facing wall...you could barely see out of the messed up window.





The ceiling fans are fantastic! On hot days they'll be so helpful and just for getting air moving sometimes - like when I burn something on the stove. There's one in each bedroom and this one in the living room.



This is downstairs. We put cans in these ceilings since they're low and actually have space above the sheetrock:



Today it's sunny, so hopefully we'll get more photos of the progress outside and of the wonderful bathrooms.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow!

Leslie said...

I like the fans. I hate the look of most of them, with the wooden blades. Yours are really cool!

ItMakesYouSmile said...

Looks lovely with the inside lights on. The "new" livingroom view is great. The fans will be really great. I often wish we could have them, but our ceilings are so low it would chop off people's heads.

John Cunningham said...

I'm really loving what I see! Such a warm, inviting sense of "home". Can we live with you? :-)

Leslie said...

So... photos of outside and wonderful bathrooms? (Queried the person with no bathrooms at the moment, but I'm not jealous, not at all).

Cynthia Nicole said...

Haven't been in the house this week because the floors were being coated with 3 coats of finish with the 4th and final being the last thing that happens, supposedly.