Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Windows on an Autumn Afternoon

This web covered tree was outside my window at the apartment, catching the morning light, and my eye.





The following exterior shots are self explanatory. The windows are in! The protective film is still on the panes:







Just a note on the next photo: The upper 3 windows are totally new. There were no windows on this side of the house other than the middle floor (dining & kitchen). The small window at the bottom is the new half-bath.





New stairs!




Standing on the stair landing looking toward the living room:



The next 2 are in our bedroom upstairs. These are totally new windows. The wall with the high window had a sliding glass door to the flat deck that was such a problem. I have to stand on tiptoes to look out, but that's fine with me. No view of the neighbor! The high windows are awning windows.





The new window over the kitchen sink. The middle is an awning and the sides are casements:



In the kitchen looking toward the dining room and back door:

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wowee zowee!! Looking great! Getting all buttoned up before the rains.

ItMakesYouSmile said...

It's looking so great. That wall in back is truly inspired. Who thought of that? It gives you your own little world back there, without being exposed to the driveway, and still having a little portal to see if someone comes. I love it, reminds me of some sort of Spanish courtyard. I'll bet it'll be a very peaceful space.

The bedroom windows are awesome. And I love the sight line from the stairs going to your bedroom. Will that stay open?

All good.

Cynthia Nicole said...

Yes it will stay open!
I added a photo of the new stairs, too.